Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable printing 1040-SR

Greta
Level 9

I don't like the 1040-SR print (I prefer all to be printed identically, my eyes get used to one layout). Is there a way to disable all 1040-SR print so I don't have to check a box per senior return?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It will carry this option over to all returns.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Perhaps barking up the wrong tree, but let me be consistent...

In Lacerte, Tax Return Options, Tax Return, there is an option under "Form-SR" to be set to "When applicable" or "Suppress".  Is it available in PSP? 

(If not, consider switching to Lacerte.  This would be the only solution I have off the cuff.)

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Open a client file, then go to Tools > Options and mark this box under Miscellaneous

alwaysprint1040.png

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
It will carry this option over to all returns.

Greta
Level 9

I don't have a Miscellaneous link in the column on the left. Miscellaneous link is available once I open a client, as you said. So do I have to do it for each client once I opened his file? Will it apply only to this client? Then it would be faster to just check the No box per senior client, except perhaps it would apply to future years?

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

I'm so excited... this option does carry over to all other clients! I wish I had asked this question years ago when the 1040-SR started.

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Ask and Lisa will answer...

Glad it works out.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You have to be IN a client file (not in HB) to see the Misc section of the Options

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You dont have to do it in each client file....wouldnt let me edit the above comment...I hate technology!

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9

Perfect! It worked! Saves me so much time.