Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unemployment Compensation Exclusion

zevaristo19
Level 2

I currently have Basic ProSeries and I was wondering if there was a way to find out which of my clients were affected by this? Is there a query just like ProSeries Professional has? I know I have a few clients who had Unemployment income and have already efiled so didn't wan to go through every client to see check who was affected. Also, do we have to amend the state return if they were affected? I know for the federal, we don't have to do anything, they are making adjustments on their end. Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Basic does not have the query function. But because you are able to download Professional, you are able to populate the Homebase of Professional with your clients and then do the query function.

Unless your State has "rolling conformity" with Federal tax laws, the Federal law does not change the State tax.  You would need to know how your state is taxing unemployment, and if the return you filed is now incorrect, you would need to know how your State wants it to be handled.  Perhaps they will automatically fix it,  or perhaps you need to amend.  It varies from State to State.