Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to uninstall 2013, 2014 ProSeries

TaxesInTheATX
Level 2

I am trying to uninstall older versions (2013, 2014) to make space, but I get the following error: 'The uninstaller cannot be run while ProSeries 2013 (2014) is in use. Please quit ProSeries 2013 before attempting to uninstall.

I don't have the program open, haven't used it in a very long time, and I have already re-booted my computer but have the same error. Phone support says they don't support these older years and that I should ask here.

I have Windows 10 Home. 

Thanks!  

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Each program is only takes up about half a gig, if your hardrive is that full that youre scrambling to free up a measly gig of space, you may want to invest in a larger harddrive.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

Open up your task manager (Ctrl-Alt-Delete) and shut off anything running that looks like ProSeries.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxesInTheATX
Level 2

I've gone through all the processes that are running and can't find anything that looks remotely like ProSeries. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Have you uninstalled 2014 already - if not, do that first then maybe your error for 2013 will disappear

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Each program is only takes up about half a gig, if your hardrive is that full that youre scrambling to free up a measly gig of space, you may want to invest in a larger harddrive.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

👍 Lisa, or maybe just get a new computer with Windows 11 and you'll have a lot more speed and space... Just my opinion

TaxesInTheATX
Level 2

Yes, and just did it again but still no luck. I've decided not to worry  about though, I'm just going to leave them. Thanks!!!

0 Cheers
TaxesInTheATX
Level 2

Yeah, OK I'll just leave things alone and look into a new computer. Thanks.

PATAX
Level 15

You're welcome. I just had to do the same thing so if you have any questions just ask us.

charles
Level 3

I had this same problem.  While deleting running tasks in the task manager may do the trick, there's an even more sophisticed solution that has to do with "lock" programs.  See the following:

Resolving the error The uninstaller cannot be run while ProSeries is use. (intuit.com)

Good luck,

CRM