Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TY 2021 why does PDF attachements show file not found?

TaxLaw
Level 4
All Proseries recommendations followed, still shows as not found?
0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
TaxLaw
Level 4
Thank You.
I will call Pro Series Monday and ask them to view my computer. Unfortunately, the IRS did not know either.
Life in the fast lane.
Dr. Charles Hills

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure that ProSeries actually saves a copy of any pdf attached for EFiling within the program itself. 

You chose the file from your hard drive, it's attached and sent along with the Efiled returns.  If you've deleted that file from your hard drive, you may not have access to it any longer on your end.

If this isn't what youre referring to, you may want to rephrase your question.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
TaxLaw
Level 4
Thank You.
I will call Pro Series Monday and ask them to view my computer. Unfortunately, the IRS did not know either.
Life in the fast lane.
Dr. Charles Hills
0 Cheers
TaxLaw
Level 4

Will keep you posted. Intuit needs to answer my question.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@IntuitGabi  Can you confirm whether the attached pdf files are saved within the program at all, or only on your hard drive?

Its my understanding that ProSeries will NOT save any attached PDF files for you.  That would be your responsibility, same as saving a PDF copy of the return.    There doesnt seem to be any confirmation one way or the other anywhere though.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IntuitGabi
Community Manager
Community Manager

You're right @Just-Lisa-Now- . Confirmed that attached PDFs are not saved in the return, they're saved on the computer.