Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to E-File 2021 and its being rejected due to invalid date entered

Level 4

Hi, I efiled a 2021 return and im getting error "Ind-689-01: The year of the "PrimarySignatureDt" in the return header must be equual to the processing year. the return was rejecred due to incorrect signature date. review date pin entered on the federal worksheet. the date must be the current calendar year to efile. So I tried entering todays date..rejected..so i tried entering 12/31/2022 date also rejected. 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sewcpa
Level 5

There are 2 types of error.  Intuit marks the date in red and labels it in error if not a date in 2022.

IRS rejects a return that does not have a 2023 date. We do NOT care what Intuit says since IRS is the definitive one.  So put in the real date. Save and exit the return to go to Efile Center homebase. Select the return and unmark "error checking by Intuit" as the last step to convert & transmit.  IRS will get the return and accept it.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
sewcpa
Level 5

There are 2 types of error.  Intuit marks the date in red and labels it in error if not a date in 2022.

IRS rejects a return that does not have a 2023 date. We do NOT care what Intuit says since IRS is the definitive one.  So put in the real date. Save and exit the return to go to Efile Center homebase. Select the return and unmark "error checking by Intuit" as the last step to convert & transmit.  IRS will get the return and accept it.

Level 4

Thank you so so much!