Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treasury Security Summit - new sample security plan template and WISP info

PATAX
Level 15

Above just released to help tax professionals protect data. revised 08/02/2022 about thirty pages. link: irs.gov/pub/newsroom/creating-a-wisp.pdf

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

"To combat external risks from outside the firm network to the security, confidentiality, and/or integrity of electronic, paper, or other records containing PII, and improving - where necessary - the effectiveness of the current safeguards for limiting such risks, the Firm has implemented the following policies and procedures."

That sounds pretty impressive ......... and wordy.  Can I just type that up and call it my security plan?😁  Besides, don't they have enough tax cheats to catch instead of spending their time seeing what kind of BS tax preparers can type up to try and make them happy?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

They must have just wanted to keep your stuff safe - that link doesn't work.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yeah you're right Iron Man. I tried it too and it didn't work from my post. But when I typed in that exact link then it did work. I'm not sure what is going on there. I couldn't paste that link to there so I typed it in. But if someone else can get that link to work then they can post it.

PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN @abctax55 @sjrcpa Try link now. I got it too work - it was cutting off url address after "creating-a" even though I typed in correct address multiple times.

abctax55
Level 15

@PATAX  - nice snooping to find out I even visited this thread 😉😉

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
PATAX
Level 15

@abctax55 my GSD taught me how to Snoop. Just to walk a mile with her it takes 1 hour.

sjrcpa
Level 15

It works now. You are a good snooper. 

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

Thank You.

BobKamman
Level 15

I remember diagramming a lot of sentences for Mr Johnstone in 8th Grade English class. It’s a habit I can’t seem to break. Right now I’m trying to diagram this sentence:

"To combat external risks from outside the firm network to the security, confidentiality, and/or integrity of electronic, paper, or other records containing PII, and improving - where necessary - the effectiveness of the current safeguards for limiting such risks, the Firm has implemented the following policies and procedures."

The Washington Post used to have a daily feature where they published examples of the strange language spoken by bureaucrats, under the standing headline "Gobbledygook."  Now, patriotic Americans are smart enough to realize that this is a plot to put so many meaningless words in our mouths that we forget how to speak English.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

That sounds pretty impressive ......... and wordy.  Can I just type that up and call it my security plan?😁  Besides, don't they have enough tax cheats to catch instead of spending their time seeing what kind of BS tax preparers can type up to try and make them happy?

Slava Ukraini!