Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Asset Manager - Dispose Multiple Assets

ramscot
Level 2

The ability to dispose of numerous assets in FAM is currently not functioning.

Date does not enter in the input screen and when I click "Next" this message appears "Disposition date

in current client year." 

This needs to be fixed.

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
woodstockjcg
Level 1

I am having the same issue. I called Proseries over a week ago about this.  They opened up a case but I have not heard back.  I am about to call them again...........

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@ramscot 

Our team has been made aware of this issue and we are working to have this issue resolved in an update in early February.

0 Cheers
woodstockjcg
Level 1

Can you give an update as to the status of this issue?

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

The update to resolve this issue is scheduled to be released next week on 2/8.

0 Cheers
woodstockjcg
Level 1

Thanks for responding. I will plan accordingly

0 Cheers
woodstockjcg
Level 1

Is this updated still expected to be released today?

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

@woodstockjcg Yes, this update is still on schedule to be released today.

0 Cheers
IntuitAngela_13
Employee
Employee

The update to resolve this issue is now available. 

lcaplan
Level 2

That makes it all the more inexcusable that the exact issue is still occurring now.  It's been a long wasted day.  Intuit Products inability to function correctly must take 3-4 hours out of my week almost every week.  If they had any competition for QB, I would be out of here.  But they are a monopoly and they know that.  I have been with ProSeries since they were Chipsoft in 1994.  Were it not  for carryforward information, I would have switched tax software. 

So evidently, this problem with FAM has been occurring for eight months and there has not been an update to correct the issue.  That's pretty sad.  First I had a heck of a time getting the product to uninstall.  After it was finally uninstalled (it kept giving me invalid path messages.  I corrected this but it took a while.  Then went I went to download the product, the progress wheel would spin for a nanosecond and that was it.  No more action.  I tried several times.  I closed all my Intuit products and even rebooted but still nothing.  So now I have a client's tax return that I promised to finish by tomorrow and now it's not going to happen.  Thank you Intuit.

0 Cheers
lcaplan
Level 2

Baloney!  I'm having the same problem today!

0 Cheers