Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three returns lost

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

We lose an hour this weekend. That is three tax returns, lost, forever. 

0 Cheers
17 Comments 17
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Are you saying you are choosing to work an hour less than usual this weekend?

Based on your warp speed tax prep service, you do realize that in the time it took you to post you could have prepared a Schedule A and B?

Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

point well taken.. there.. i just lost a 1098-T entering time

dascpa
Level 11

I'm really baffled. 20 minutes to open all the tax form mail my client won't open.  10 minutes to sort and throw out all the extra crap they give us.  15 minutes to talk about their last year's vacations and the grandkids.  Then 10 more minutes to make a list of everything they forgot.  Then start to enter the data.  Then put the file aside for a week or longer for them to get the data.  Complete the return.  Send it to them.  Then they tell you they have another 1099 or they didn't realize they had (or a corrected 1099).  I calculate it takes me 18 hours per return.  That's why I work 112 hours per day.

PATAX
Level 15

Wow, where do you get all of these super easy clients that you can finish three clients in one hour?

George4Tacks
Level 15

If you are lucky, one of these will let you recover that time, plus some.

https://www.ebay.com/b/DeLorean-Cars-Trucks/31830/bn_7115889245

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Camp1040
Level 10

I thought it was a national holiday, so I scheduled the day off!. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

George is on the right track.  I don't plan on losing an hour this weekend.  Quite awhile back I cashed in all of my old Intuit AllStar points for a flux capacitor.  I experimented a little and found that you don't really need a DeLorean.  A 1977 TransAm with the flux capacitor works just fine.  Plus, with the Firebird on the hood, it is really fitting to have that Firebird screaming in with a load of Fireball for my friend in Illinois.  In the year 2035 they quadrupled the production of Fireball so you can find it just about anywhere.  Actually in that year, Intuit gives away a free jug of the stuff with every Fast Path fee payment.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

You do three in an hour? Man you are faster than me.

IRonMaN
Level 15

He doesn't have a bottle of Fireball sitting on his desk 😜

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I can do three shots of Fireball in less than 10 minutes.   Then I don't care if I've lost 60 minutes of tax prep time. 

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@IRonMaN wrote:

Actually in that year, Intuit gives away a free ...

You must be delirious or in an alternate time reality.  Intuit would never give anything away for free.  😂

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's free.  Of course that year they raised the price of the fast path fee by the cost of a jug of Fireball 😯

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

Double check the keys on your adding machine. The last I check there were only 24hours in a day.

rcooley25
Level 11

Fireball will do anything just for me.

rcooley25
Level 11

Only three shots in 10 inutes. Man you are slow. I need to give you lessons o how to quickly consume fireball.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Thyme Machine.jpg

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns