Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you fix E-file reject code IND-689-01

cjk1
Level 1

I have a 2019 amended return 1040X that rejected because of the primary signature date must be in current processing year not sure what this is or how to fix it Error code IND-689-01

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The same place you entered it the first time
Fed Info worksheet Part VI

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The Efile PIN date, the date the client signed the new 8879 showing the amended figures, needs to be in 2021.

0 Cheers
cjk1
Level 1

Ok but where do I fix that

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The same place you entered it the first time
Fed Info worksheet Part VI

Margalie
Level 1

I changed the date to current date and the return unable to pass federal final review and unable to efile-the tax return.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Use the current date, then go out to the EFCenter to Efile, choose Convert and Transmit and uncheck the Error checking on Conversion
errorchecking.png

Almundy1948
Level 1

It does nor work for 2021 tax year

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I EF a 2021 amended the other day, I used the current 2023 PIN date, and I didn't need to disable error checking, so I think that got fixed in an update at some point, make sure your product has been updated.

marvgeorge
Level 1

Thank you, Lisa.  I was able to submit using this method.

lilian
Level 2

I just submitted a 2 times rejected returns with error 689-01 and it works because the returns were now sent to the IRS.  Thanks  Lisa.

0 Cheers