Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 8915E has arrived!! And the 2210 is final!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

8915eitshere.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

14 Comments 14
PATAX
Level 15

Thank you for the information Lisa

rbynaker
Level 13

It sounds like you're the only one who has it.  Was this exclusive for Champs? 🙂  People are already posting that it's 5am on 2/25, where's the 8915E?  Maybe a Pro vs. Basic difference?

Did this update also include the Sch J and wasn't there another form that the farmer preparers were looking for?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I updated last night and boom, there it was. Doesnt come up in the WDIE box though.

Sch J and 4835 appear final too.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I think they stagger rolling out the updates so that their servers dont get overloaded, Ive had that happen in the past, everyone else had a form but I didnt get it until I updated later in the day

rbynaker
Level 13

With so many things promised on 2/25 this should be a fun community day.  I may just go stick my head in the sand like the LiMu Emu.

PATAX
Level 15

I received all of the aforementioned forms in the download this morning.

IRonMaN
Level 15

@rbynaker wrote:

It sounds like you're the only one who has it.  Was this exclusive for Champs? 🙂  People are already posting that it's 5am on 2/25, where's the 8915E?  Maybe a Pro vs. Basic difference?

Did this update also include the Sch J and wasn't there another form that the farmer preparers were looking for?

I haven't started trouble for awhile so today sounds like a good day.  I am going to start posting on all of these posts that only Champs got the update --------------------- everybody else has to wait another week 😂

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
LOL, Lots of people over in the PS FB group got the update too, I aint special...well, not in that way anyhow hahaha

rbynaker
Level 13

I figure at some point Bill will come along and tell us whether or not Basic got the update.  Or if the Basic people all got screwed this year and have to PPR for any return with an 8915E.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

It's in Basic, but so far I can't figure out how to spread it out over 3 years.  

I am checking the boxes on the 1099-R worksheet, which triggers the top of 8915-E to populate.  But it's not dividing things by 3 and the 1040 shows the full amount taxable.  I'm not sure yet if I'm missing something or if it isn't working right yet.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Never mind, I figured it out.  I was using a 'test' file and I had previously entered Basis for an IRA, which was messing things up.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Rick, as a side note, Form 8915-E specifically mentions Roth IRAs.   🙂

qbteachmt
Level 15

The 8915-E (T and S) should now be part of e-filing without attachment as a separate step.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
curt1
Level 4

Despite a few update attempts yesterday, I received the 8915e form functionality a day later.  Unfortunately, it's only a tease as the state forms now show an error saying to "keep working on your return and we'll let you know when the state forms are updated".  

0 Cheers