Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Changed

thetaxdoctor1
Level 3

I have an issue with the TAx Calculation in Pro Series for a return. I was trying to file and amended return and made a copy and used that for the amended. When I found out that I needed to use the original return for the amended, I used the copy as an original and removed the amendments.

All of my income equals what is in the original return but line 16 the amount of tax changed from what it was on the filed return. Is this due to an update that ProSeries made?

The return is a 2021 1040 return.

0 Cheers
9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

It could be, but without actually seeing the patient, I can't say for sure.  Sometimes updates happen and you don't realize it changed things until something like this happens.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

was it last year or the year before that they changed something mid season with capital gains? or investment income?  I feel like I remember something that IRS automatically sent out refunds/or tax due notices after they made a change.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

That was awhile back.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

it all becomes one big blur

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yeah, you lose sense of time this late in tax season.  That change probably was last month 😜

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

Now we all know what we need to clear our minds don't we?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Does it rhyme with fireball?

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

You bet your sweet bibby it does.

dkh
Level 15

You'll need to compare what's in PS now to your file copy of what was filed for 2021.