Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Scheduler

clr600
Level 8

Where has the Task Scheduler gone. Not there anymore. Since I installed 2021 I have had 7 automatic updates why. Why cannot I set the scheduler up so that I can update when I want just like all prior years

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

I haven't downloaded it yet, but that is a disaster waiting to happen if you can't control your own destiny by selecting when you want to download updates.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It auto updates in the background.  On my Win 11 system I see the update window appear each time I start the program, I dont see the window on the Win 10 system, but I see that it is installing updates in the Updates Log..

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

Give your opinion of this new auto-update process here --  Solved: ProSeries Customer Corner - Intuit Accountants Community

I like the idea of being notified an update is available but I want to control when it is downloaded.

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@dkh wrote:

Give your opinion of this new auto-update process here --  Solved: ProSeries Customer Corner - Intuit Accountants Community

Yes, they like to collect feedback from people.  Unfortunately, history has shown they rarely listen to the feedback.

IRonMaN
Level 15

They do like to collect feedback, kind of like a stamp collector.  Then they show off their collection to Intuit staff ---------- just for giggles and laughs.

Slava Ukraini!