Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link invite when client has existing Intuit account

frankgcpa1
Level 2

Once again my client invite to Link is caught up in a nightmare when it SHOULD BE EASY.  The client has an old Intuit product log on, long forgotten and associated with their email address.  The verification request sent to the client is using a phone number from the older Intuit product which is a phone number no longer in use.  The verification number is NOT the phone number from my invitation.  Pro Series help line has been contacted by me on this issue several times.  I have written to the president to complain about Link.  So in year 4 of my using Link the problems STILL exists.  I have wasted hours on these types of issues and I truly believe that Intuit just does not care they want feedback but never take the problem.

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
GodFather
Level 8

If this issue has lasted four years and has yet to be rectified, why continue to deal with Link for that client?  There has to be a better way to transfer for information between you and the client than to continue to deal with Link for that one client.  Don't get me wrong, after four years you would think the issue would be taken care of and access for the client could be established.  

I'm new to ProSeries this year and plan to use Link for my clients.  I've tested Link using my personal email and it seems to be a straight forward process.  Hopefully my clients agree.  

0 Cheers
jnd2546
Level 4

Not sure why the phone number is an issue. My issue has always been that once they use an email address as their original user ID in Link, and then subsequently change their email address, even if you send the invite to the new email, they have to continue to use the old email as their login ID. If they try and use the new email address, seems like they can't see their prior year files and have to create a new account with the new email address.  Still not sure I understand how to easily convey to Link that the same taxpayer now has a new email and recognize that so that the Link user ID is now the same as their email address entered on their proseries 1040 worksheet.

Intuit:  Can u clarify how to clear up getting Link account to sync up with Proseries 1040 worksheet?

TY!

0 Cheers
frankgcpa1
Level 2

You have missed the point.  This only happens when the client has an existing Intuit account!  For others that do not have an existing Intuit account there is no problem Link works well.  So here is what happens: You get a new client that used turbo tax or some other Intuit account 10 years ago, you invite them to link using their new contact data from your tax data file and Link finds that old account and contact data via Intuit and wants the client to use that old contact data to start using Link.  Again Intuit just does not care about the problem and has not fixed it!  

0 Cheers
frankgcpa1
Level 2

Good luck with Intuit!  I have complained over and over and they don't care!  The problem is the email associated with the client, you are correct!  But rather than use the information in your tax data file when you invite the client to Link Intuit overrides what you put in and goes back to that original contact data INCLUDING the phone number!  In my case the client could have accepted Link but they do not have that old phone number anymore.  This is a huge waste of my time to have to fix this issue once again!!!!

0 Cheers