Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System crash while printing on 64 bit windows?

johnpushic
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does it just shut down, no errors?   I was able to fix my 64bit computer using the instructions for 32bit.  Do you have the 1040NR installed?

Once I uninstalled the 1040NR and rebooted both my computer and printer, I was back in business!

To uninstall on IWn10   Right click the start button>Settings> Apps >Choose ProSeries 2018 and click Uninstall, it will act like its going to uninstall the whole program (don't freak out), it will open a window to choose which components to uninstall, choose the 1040NR.

Power off your computer and printer and fire everything back up...see if you have better luck printing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Does it just shut down, no errors?   I was able to fix my 64bit computer using the instructions for 32bit.  Do you have the 1040NR installed?

Once I uninstalled the 1040NR and rebooted both my computer and printer, I was back in business!

To uninstall on IWn10   Right click the start button>Settings> Apps >Choose ProSeries 2018 and click Uninstall, it will act like its going to uninstall the whole program (don't freak out), it will open a window to choose which components to uninstall, choose the 1040NR.

Power off your computer and printer and fire everything back up...see if you have better luck printing.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yup, they are working on it but haven't come out with a fix yet.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers