Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Depreciation

Level 1

 I want to change Section 179 on the Federal to 5yrs HY 200DB on the state return. I went into the asset schedules done to state put the changes but nothing happen when I went to state return(1040)

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
2 Replies 2
Level 9

Select the Asset Entry Worksheet for asset with Federal Sec179 then scroll down to bottom half of page one. There is where you find the State Depreciation, enter $0 in State Sec 179.    Are choosing to do this because your federal election exceeds what is allowed by state?

Level 1

Yes I found out how to do it You can't put 179 at the top of the asset entry worksheet you put it in on the lower level of the worksheet