Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State acceptance of e-file return

grossie
Level 5

Intuit sent state return to PA, been sitting there for 5 days.  Any PA preparers having similar problem?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
11 Comments 11
PATAX
Level 15

My experience is Pennsylvania usually takes about 4 or 5 hours or so to approve the return. Once in awhile not until the next day. Don't forget it was a long weekend with the Memorial Day Holiday.

grossie
Level 5

Thank you PA12.  I efiled the return this past Thursday, didn't consider the long weekend.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I have had several returns that I had to go the "update acknowledgements" route before they showed up as accepted this year.  You might want to give it a try.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

You're welcome

IRunFar
Level 3

I have quite a few from last week still hanging out as well.    I'm guessing it is a PA issue, and all PA returns filed since 5/26 are still hanging out, including today's and yesterday's.  Federal have long been accepted.  Updating acknowledgement status doesn't help, so I'm definitely leaning towards it being a PA issue.

grossie
Level 5

IRunFar,

Thanks for your comment.  At least I know I'm not alone. I doubt if it will help; but I will give a call

to the PA Dept of Revenu.  I still have a number of extensions to file.

IRunFar
Level 3

Sure thing.  Were you able to get through, and did PA Dept of Rev provide any insight?  I have 47 pending right now, just sort of hanging out waiting for approval from PA...

0 Cheers
grossie
Level 5

IRunFar,   after waiting on the phone for 1/2 hour I gave up.  Will try again on Monday.  If I'm 

unsuccessful I'll paper-file the PA returns.  I only have 8 extensions left to do.  With 47 returns you are in

a far more difficult situation.  Good luck!

0 Cheers
grossie
Level 5

IRunFar and PATAX,

PA Dept of Revenue began accepting e-filed returns this morning.

PATAX
Level 15

Wait until they migrate PA etides, which is used for businesses to file/pay taxes, to their new system. I got a feeling it's going to be real fun..... Just my opinion.

PATAX
Level 15

E-file return yesterday late afternoon. Just checked this morning and Pa accepted it.