Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SS# corrected but already paid for return

jalazzam
Level 1

I had to update the SS# before efiling but I had already paid - now it wants to charge me again, how do I get around the charge.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Since pay per return is done by SSN, once you change the SSN it looks like you're trying to file a return for another person and it wants to charge you again....otherwise people would just keep changing the SSN and info and file a bunch of returns for different people for that same 1 fee.

If you finger flubbed the SSN originally and had to change it, Im sure if you call in Intuit will give you a one time pass and give you an authorization code to bypass payment this time...I wouldnt make a habit of it though...be diligent in your SSN entries, double and triple check if needed prior to authorizing payment for the return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Jojo4
Level 3

call proseries!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Since pay per return is done by SSN, once you change the SSN it looks like you're trying to file a return for another person and it wants to charge you again....otherwise people would just keep changing the SSN and info and file a bunch of returns for different people for that same 1 fee.

If you finger flubbed the SSN originally and had to change it, Im sure if you call in Intuit will give you a one time pass and give you an authorization code to bypass payment this time...I wouldnt make a habit of it though...be diligent in your SSN entries, double and triple check if needed prior to authorizing payment for the return.

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Lisa, it happened to me today. I do business returns as pay per return, as I only do a few. I had not changed any EIN, but made some changes to partners K1 and the system tried to charge me again (I had pre-authorized it earlier) Had to call, and they fixed it for me, although I had to tell the agent how to do it, as she did not have a clue.

jalazzam
Level 1

Thank you!  I will call them.  The problem was in order to even print it to a pdf file to give to the client to review, you have to pay, thats when the error was found, one number was incorrect.  I totally get the point - 

Jeanette

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Terry53029 wrote:

Lisa, it happened to me today. I do business returns as pay per return, as I only do a few. I had not changed any EIN, but made some changes to partners K1 and the system tried to charge me again (I had pre-authorized it earlier) Had to call, and they fixed it for me, although I had to tell the agent how to do it, as she did not have a clue.

Thats a weird one, I didnt think that K-1s meant anything to the authorization process.

I had to call in for a business return once, it was all paid for, then I fiddled around on the state side and made some changes but I couldn't get it to go back to the way it was previously,  finally gave up and deleted the state...so it tried to get me to pay again...had to call in and get a manual auth code.

0 Cheers