Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Issues 2022 - blank space where fields should be?

wrightlj
Level 3

A couple of weeks ago I spent a couple of hours on the phone with tech support because my ProSeries Professional 1065 was showing big blank areas where the balance sheet should be, and the schedules that follow.

This was on a new computer.  I've had new computers many times before in my 20+ years with ProSeries.  Never a problem.

The rep wasn't able to get things to work right for me on my new computer - the only solution at that time was to prepare my returns on my old computer.  I did that.

Then I used Basic for my individual returns and that seemed to work okay for the first several I did.  Then today, I was using final review and it pointed me to an unchecked box on the left which showed up on a page that was blank except for a checkbox - that's all that was visible.  I took a chance and checked that box.  Final review was satisfied but apparently, I needed to check the No box because checking the box I checked increased my client's tax due by $1,400!

So, I looked online for a solution - in the search box, I typed Basic 2022 and before I could type anything else, first item to come up was about Installing on a New Computer.  Ding-ding-ding!

What I want to know - is this fix supposed to resolve the problems I've been having or is it for something else?  Does anyone know or has anyone had the problem I've had?  I don't even know what to call it.  

And, if this is for the problem I've been having, do I actually have to do the backup/restore for all the years 2017-2021 the way they are describing?  It isn't presented as a "must do" which may or may not be meaningful.  

Anyhoo, thank you for any help you can offer -

Laura

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Blank screens and cut off sections are generally a font scaling display issue try the ideas here

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/display-preferences/proseries-menu-options-...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers