Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartVault vs DMS

IHCPA
Level 2

Does anyone have experience changing from DMS to SmartVault?  Any comments about SmartVault as an improvement over DMS?

I don't use this forum often, so there may already be discussions out there.  If so, could someone link them here?

Thank you in advance,

Ian Harper

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 4

Never used dms i have always used smartvault for the last 5 years or so.. it doubled in price but its well worth it. I love the fact that i can right click on any document from within smartvault and it allows me to link up my docusign to obtain esignature within seconds. so for esignature this is the cheapest route for me vs using proseries for esignature. very happy with smartvault, the only i wished is if it allowed a section to type in notes to add notes about every phone call that would be awesome I was a insurance agent so im very used to document each calls with a activity in the system as "telephone calls" but all smartvault does it acts a storage for me and a way for me to obtain esignature.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
dascpa
Level 11

Using SmartVault for my seventh year now.  Have not used DMS.  90% pleased with SmartVault and will continue to stay with them.

Only faults I've had:  cannot print multiple files at once within SV.  Have to drag to Windows Explorer, which allows you to print max 15 at a time.  But when clients upload 80 documents from their crappy multi-function printer/scanner, it slows the process down.  Price, prior year they required a 2-person minimum.  It basically doubled the fee for sole practitioners.  Although you can get temporary tax-season licenses.  Finally, some clients struggle to use it as compared to my prior portal.  But most have no issue.

0 Cheers
Level 4

Never used dms i have always used smartvault for the last 5 years or so.. it doubled in price but its well worth it. I love the fact that i can right click on any document from within smartvault and it allows me to link up my docusign to obtain esignature within seconds. so for esignature this is the cheapest route for me vs using proseries for esignature. very happy with smartvault, the only i wished is if it allowed a section to type in notes to add notes about every phone call that would be awesome I was a insurance agent so im very used to document each calls with a activity in the system as "telephone calls" but all smartvault does it acts a storage for me and a way for me to obtain esignature.

0 Cheers
IHCPA
Level 2

Thank you.

Ian

0 Cheers
IHCPA
Level 2

Thank you

Ian

0 Cheers