Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enter PIN Date on 2021 returns

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Has anyone efiled 2021 returns today they were sitting on? If so, what date did you use?

I sent 3 in with whatever date I completed them in 2022. I originally tried using todays date and then tried updating to no avail. 

I am nervously awaiting acks from IRS. I broke my own rule and efiled before 02/01. 

0 Cheers
26 Comments 26
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You wont get any flack from IRS over it.

I think you cold have just turned off error checking as conversion and used the actual date.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Oh thats good to hear. I probably should've just turned it off as I gave that advice to someone else. Of course I didnt use it in my own situation. Lol. 

0 Cheers
sabkosl13
Level 4

I use the ProSeries Basic and I have same problem. I tried to file the 2021 (2020 was OK) and in the date PIN entered box I can't write the current date. The system said it must be any from 2022. 

Any worksheet connected with it have current date.  

So it will be OK if I will write different date?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Personally, Id leave the correct date, and just turn off error checking at conversion to bypass the error.  This is a Professional screen shot, but Im guessing Basic has something similar.

errorchecking.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ljsmith2
Level 4

I also e-filed a 2021 tax return using the original date yesterday morning. Intuit transmitted it to the IRS, but no acknowledgement yet as of this morning.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@ljsmith2 Thanks for checking in. I am regularly checking in to see. Report back if you receive any news as I will do the same. 

0 Cheers
sabkosl13
Level 4

I think I made it. 

You right - Basic screen is similar, but to find it was not too easy. 

But I did! Thank you!

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

I used 12/31/2022. Using a 2023 date got me an error message. I still haven't received acknowledgements for 2021 returns that I efiled yesterday (1/23).

0 Cheers
sabkosl13
Level 4

I did everything like Just-Lisa-Now suggested me and now I got acknowledgement.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@sabkosl13 IRS ack'ed your return already for 2021?

0 Cheers
sabkosl13
Level 4

Yes, 2021

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Nice!!! 

Im around 24 hours and no acks. But Ill wait it out. 

0 Cheers
sabkosl13
Level 4

I did also 2020. I got the first ack with information that was sent to the IRS. For accepting I still waiting.

I hope we both will get them soon.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Ah, ok, so you are waiting for acceptance. So am I. 

Keep in touch here and lets see what happens. 

Thanks @sabkosl13 

0 Cheers
sabkosl13
Level 4

For 2021 I got acceptance. 

I am waiting for 2020 only. 

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I got you now. 

So, I just have to be patient. 

Thanks.

0 Cheers
ljsmith2
Level 4

Hello all,

After running "refresh updates", I checked the efile status of the 2021 tax return again.

Received Return Rejected notice that "the year of the 'PrimarySignatureDt' in the Return Header must be equal to the processing year."

Will change my date and re-transmit...

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

disable error checking and you will be good to go.

bohemio1081
Level 2

Hi i got same error 2020 pin no issues with 2023 date but 2021 so just disabling error should be fine, or should we get an update from pro series for this issue,? very consfusing i know 2019 must be paper filed but 2020 thru 2022 efiled , seems like a bug in the program or something , tried calling customer support but wait time 1 hour, i guess will just see if proseries fix the issue and release and update for this 

0 Cheers
ljsmith2
Level 4

Update...

After changing the date to the current year on the 2021 tax return, it was acknowledged today.

Easy to do, just as others kindly suggested, I disabled error checking and all was good. Wishing the rest of you similar success.

shercri
Level 2

I have Proseries Basic too, can you please let us know the steps necessary to find it.

I thank you in advance.

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

When you go to efile, uncheck the box that is checked for flagging errors. Then continue to efile. 

shercri
Level 2
  1. Go to the EF Clients tab.
  2. Select the client's federal, and state return if applicable.
  3. From the E-File menu, select Electronic Filing and then Convert/Transmit Returns/Extensions/Payments.
  4. On the Electronic Filing Options choose Convert and Transmit selected returns/extensions/payments.
  5. Uncheck Enable conversion error checking then click OK.
Nano
Level 1

Thank you for your information.  Since yesterday, I've been struggle the same problem.  Now Efile Status shows "received by Intuit."  I hope these files will be accepted by Federal and States.  

Yesterday, I tried to transmitted and Proseries showed the same message "received by Intuit" or "sent to IRS" however, it was rejected today with the same of other people.  Cross my fingers!

By the way, if the same problem happened, when Proseries will solve this software problem? 

bohemio1081
Level 2

Thanks everyone for the feedback I disabled the error conversion check when e filing, just sent it hope it gets accepted by the IRS, this must be intuits error I called in yesterday after hour and a half someone finally answered, representative asked me permission to access my pc software guided me thru some steps that i already did before calling like refreshing updates twice then installing them again did not work so she told me to disable that error conversion box , but upon asking her if it was something of the software (proseries professional edition) said no, not really helpful, not release update yet as of today Jan 26 for that issue, it has happened in the past with proseries like with form 8867 in past and other sofware issues agents not really helpful hope the fix this asap

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I avoid CS for PS like the plague. I'd rather call the IRS and thats saying something.

0 Cheers