Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Prinitng

pattyg2
Level 2

Printing is incredible slow this year (2019) with System 10. Anyone else having problems?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I tried hooking up a new printer, very similar to my old one, just supposed to be faster...but it had a long delay before printing and had long pauses during printing, so I went back to my old one. 

I havent taken the time to dissect which printer settings need to be changed on the new one to make it behave like the old one.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@pattyg2 wrote:

Printing is incredible slow this year (2019) with System 10. Anyone else having problems?

are you printing from within proseries?

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

I have one printer hooked up with USB, and one printer wireless. the wireless is all most instant starting, the USB has a delay (only 30 seconds or so), but once it starts its normal speed 

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Last year we had horrible printing issues with ProSeries. My solution was to print all letters invoices vouchers and returns to PDF and then print the PDFs. It was not only significantly faster but it enabled me to easily store copies of the tax returns in client files, move them into Intuit link, and manipulateThe files more efficiently. Try it.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I still have to reboot my computer after every PS update, or I cant print from the program at all....started in 2018, same this year.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@Skylane wrote:

Last year we had horrible printing issues with ProSeries. My solution was to print all letters invoices vouchers and returns to PDF and then print the PDFs. It was not only significantly faster but it enabled me to easily store copies of the tax returns in client files, move them into Intuit link, and manipulateThe files more efficiently. Try it.

me too. been happy since!

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Are you using the same printer as last year?

I bought a new Xerox with lots of bells and whistles last month.  Took me three hours to set it up.  It doesn't print tax forms as well as my old, bottom-of-the-line Brother.  The copies come out several shades of gray, lighter.  Documents from word processing and other programs print just fine, though.  As someone else said, I'll figure it out after April 15.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Saw something about the lightness of printing a few weeks ago, saying the lightness is due to IRS rules that does not allow dark print. Sorry don't remember source.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@BobKamman wrote:

Are you using the same printer as last year?

I bought a new Xerox with lots of bells and whistles last month.  Took me three hours to set it up.  It doesn't print tax forms as well as my old, bottom-of-the-line Brother.  The copies come out several shades of gray, lighter.  Documents from word processing and other programs print just fine, though.  As someone else said, I'll figure it out after April 15.

There is an option to print darker fonts on the client or prearer copy...from Homebase, choose File > Printer Options > General and you'll see 2 checkboxes

BobKamman
Level 15

>There is an option to print darker fonts on the client or preparer copy...<

Used that in earlier years but now they come with a watermark

BobKamman
Level 15

IRS must have rules for newer, more expensive printers that don't apply to older, cheap printers.  Also, the 1041 forms seem to print darker on the new machine.  

0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Not sure ‘happy’  would be my response... more like the workaround is certainly a better alternative to printing to a supported printer

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers