Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Busy pop up

simensonka
Level 2

This year whenever I start a new client or efile, I get the Server Busy:  This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy.  Choose switch to to activate the busy program and correct the problem.  What is this and why is it happening.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Dishtax
Level 1

I am getting the same error on my computer system as well.

When I called the help line they stated they weren't aware of anyone else experiencing that problem.

0 Cheers
simensonka
Level 2

Well it’s happening.  I will call.  Thanks so much for  replying.

0 Cheers
simensonka
Level 2

Software almost unusable!  Efiling is horrible. 

The info they gave me just sent me on a goose chase!

I am sure they have someone monitoring the "Pro Series Software Support Group" on Facebook.

There are many users with the same problem.  I am sure, that the dozens of PS users have only one thing in common, we are all using Windows.

Time for them to fix this problem.

0 Cheers
d186
Level 2

I am having the same issue,  when are they going to fix this.  I have done eveything even as far as reinstalling the program.   Can anyone help

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I seem to recall that @Just-Lisa-Now- discovered it was a Carbonite conflict.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Carbonite continuously backing up to the cloud was my main cause for this popup. 

Ive got Carbonite paused now for the bulk of the day, so its been much more manageable.

I still see it now and again, but not enough for it to be an issue.

An anti -virus constantly scanning your PS files may be causing it as well.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dynette reese
Level 2

Hi 

Try Updating your Windows: Start Menu>Settings>Windows Updates  then try Start Menu> Restart Computer. Try again and that should work go up to E-File at top >Electronic Filling>Convert/Transmit hopefully This helped.

This can be also cause by your antivirus not running in real-time and you will need to see an IT professional about that matter.

For more info on the Server Busy error message you are receiving try this link for more info.

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1858423-troubleshooting-server-busy-error-this-act... 

0 Cheers