Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sec 751 gain - Energy Partners K-1, code 20AB, ProSeries will not enter it in Form 4797, Part II, Line 10

Gr
Level 2

The sale is reported on Form 1099-B. On disposition, the program indicates that a 0 should be entered as the sales price, a 0 for basis and to use the Form 1099-B to report the sale. 

Can anyone help?

Gerry Robertson

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
PSixx
Level 1

Anyone has the answer for this question?  Otherwise, how can I enter the recapture for the ordinary income portion of the disposition in ProConnect? thank you in advance!

0 Cheers
linduca1216
Level 7

How did you end up resolving this?   I have a final K-1 from Energy Transfer for  2021 tax year.

Entering gain subject to recap is a negative amount (per instructions) results in a long-term loss.  Trying to get it to appear on 4797, Part II Line 10 is the trick.  

Another issue:  I separated the various components on separate K-1s in the past but do not plan on doing that with the final disposition.  

0 Cheers
linduca1216
Level 7

clarification:  trying to get "it" meaning the recapture amount onto form 4797.  Am thinking I may need to override sales amount and show zero basis on part II, line 10.  

0 Cheers