Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule 1, Crypto Currency missing in E-file?

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Today, the Schedule 1 is not appearing in the Forms in Use list and does not show in the Filing Copy for any clients. The box is being checked for Yes or NO on review, and shows that when you look at it under Common Forms but I'm wondering if it is being E-filed.

No problem with this issue before today, but I'm not going to E-file until this is clarified.

Thank you anybody with an answer.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, I believe that's what it means.  If no Sch 1 is included in the return for some other reason, then the question and Sch 1 isnt part of the return.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Do any of these returns require a Sch 1?

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

No, Yesterday's clients had no other Schedule 1 reporting. My first client this morning did and it is still not under Forms in Use or in the Filing copy.

Sorry for the late response, I went home after posting last night. Thanks for any help clarifying this issue.

I do the Update, if any, the first thing in the morning, but I don't believe there was an update for the last few days. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I'll be honest, if no Sch 1 is appearing, Im not marking any box...so far Ive seen mostly simple returns with no Sch 1, only had two with it included and I got the red error in the Forms in Use window to mark the box yes or no.

The red error shows up next to the Form 1040 in the list not the Sch 1.   Mine are still works in progress, so I havetn printed anything...is it not printing out either?

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

It will print out on the Client copy but not on the Filing. It only seems to have that red check on the 1040 if it is a new client and then it allows you to check the box, before the review.

A returning client can only be checked yes or no in the review procedure.

If every taxpayer has to answer the question, logically the Schedule 1 should be in every return, regardless of any other or no other reporting.

It worked fine last week, there haven't been any updates since Friday, so what's changed?

I just don't want another 8867 or Ed credit nightmare, as we have experienced in the past, with forms calculating incorrectly and e-filed or not e-filed at all. Thanks.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have one new client and the others are returning ones (including my own) and I see the red error next to the Form 1040/1040SR in the Forms in Use list, I click the error and it takes me to the box to check....

Oddly, when I look at Review, I CANNOT get to the error and check the box, the button is greyed out for both new and returning clients, but both have the error next to the 1040/1040SR in the Forms in Use List.

Im not using the SR form at all, Ive got everyone defaulted to the regular 1040...could the SR be a common denominator for your clients that are missing the form?

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

I am not filing any SR's either and have the default set. I just transferred a client from 2018 and there is no red check on the 1040/1040SR on the top of the forms in use, however, when I click on it and scroll down, it does allow the box to be checked on the Schedule 1.

I also noticed is states "Entry is required when Schedule 1 is part of the return", so does that imply it is not required for all taxpayers, if no other Schedule 1 reporting is required? Maybe that's why it is not showing up in the Filing copy.

I'm now wondering if it is required for everyone to answer and file with return. I'd call the IRS, but that would just be a waste of time.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Yes, I believe that's what it means.  If no Sch 1 is included in the return for some other reason, then the question and Sch 1 isnt part of the return.

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

That's what it indicates in "The Tax Book" also. Does not state that everyone must answer the question, so I'm going to e-file and hope that holds true. Thanks for the help, have a great season.