Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan and Import for 1099SSA

EdCPA
Level 2

Dear friends-  

I posted this question last year and got no response.  I will try again.

I use Scan and Import and have for over five years.  It used to pick up social security benefits and import them into Proseries.  Now, at least for me, it does NOT

The software reads the 1099 SSA and it shows up in the import review, but then it does not carry over to the Social Security worksheet in Proseries.

This is highly frustrating.  Does anyone have any answers.  Do Proseries techs monoitor these emails??

We are going to fix this problem this season one way or another.

Thanks

Ed Spelde

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

But that is such a quick entry, it has to take longer to scan, import, and review than to just manually enter it.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If youre referring to the 2023 program, I wouldnt worry yet, the software isnt ready to go yet, it wont be until later in January.

I thought I saw someone say that they moved the boxes on the SSA entry screen so that the fed withholding box is in the right order now, I havent checked personally, but that may be why its not working yet?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
EdCPA
Level 2

Iron Man

I see you are top problem solver.  Your response here is not Iron Man worthy.

I scan ALL of a client's documents into the pdf including W-2's, 1099's etc.  The 1099SSA is already going to be scanned.  It is going to be part of the scan and import file REGARDLESS of what happens after.

It takes maybe 4-5 seconds to look at the info on the Mark for Review stage.  If Scan and Import were doing its job, I would be done save for a final return review.

You are correct that it does not take long to have to pull out the 1099SSA and hand import.  But multiply that time by the number of returns filed with SSA benefits and it mounts up.

More succinctly put however, is this.  You are telling me to ignore the failings of the software I pay $1,000 extra to purchase.

No.  I have done that for too long with this problem since, once again, the Mother ship of Intuit it virtually impenetrable.

I would note they do not even list a phone number on any of their support pages.  You have to dig to find a number to get a hold of someone who is usually borderline useless.

I purchased my first version of Quickbooks in 1987.  It was QB for DOS since Windows was not even out yet.

I have used Proseries for tax prep for at least 20 years.  I have encouraged many a client to obtain Quickbooks.

They owe me an answer that I should NOT have to search the ends of the F**ing earth to obtain.

Thanks for your response Iron Man

Ed Spelde, CPA/CVA

219-477-4863

SB Associates PC

Valparaiso, IN 

jrhelms
Level 1

EdCPA,

I share your frustration.  My files this year are only importing with about 30-40% accuracy.  And the files are NOT bookmarked.

Basically $1,000 for NOTHING.  I’ve looked for answers or help, but no one responds.

0 Cheers