Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reject Code SA-F1040-027

djtenn2000
Level 3

There is a previous post about the above referenced error.  In short, Pro-Series' program is somehow not transmitting Charitable Contributions.  The original fix date was set at Feb 3.  It has now been moved to Feb 10th.  

I have over 400 clients and over 90% of them have charitable contributions.  Even with using the standard deduction, this backend error with Pro-Series is causing those to reject as well, essentially leaving me with NO returns being accepted.  

This problem did not start until Jan 27th because returns I submitted from the 24th to 26th were all accepted and ALL had Charitable Contributions (seven total). 

I don't know how you guys feel or just how many of you are affected by this problem.  However, I'm inclined to believe that many of you are affected.  I do a lot of volume and my business has been stopped DEAD IN ITS TRACKS since Jan 27th.  I use TPG for refund processing and I use the In-season Advance as early revenue stream.  I am not able to earn ANY money because the returns are all rejected.

I called the Office of the President, where it 'used to be' that I could speak with someone the same day.  However, you must email them now and wait for a response.  

I am at my wit's end with this problem as it is a detrimental issue to my business and I am looking for a suggestions on how to explain the delays to my clients (whom are early birds needing refunds asap).  

I've used Pro-Series since I started my business in 2015 and I have weathered a few problems, but this is deal-breaker for me.  If it's not fixed by Feb 3rd, the only solution I can think of is to change software ASAP.  

I use deferred payment option and plan to not pay because I've only submitted 7 returns and will not be able to use the software for at least 14 days, which is detrimental to the health of my firm.  

Any thoughts?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
djtenn2000
Level 3

The resolution is the following:

If you have Charitable contributions limited (Schedule A, line 14), lower the total Charitable amounts until it is not limited.  Re-save and efile.  Problem solved! 

Also: Shout out to Derrick in Tech who solved this problem when NO ONE ELSE  was able to notice it.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
djtenn2000
Level 3

The resolution is the following:

If you have Charitable contributions limited (Schedule A, line 14), lower the total Charitable amounts until it is not limited.  Re-save and efile.  Problem solved! 

Also: Shout out to Derrick in Tech who solved this problem when NO ONE ELSE  was able to notice it.

0 Cheers