Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund to different address

Oblio
Level 3

Is there a way in ProSeries Basic to have a federal refund check mailed to an address that is different than the one shown on the tax return?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oblio
Level 3

Thank you to everyone that responded.

The taxpayer's not home 1 or 2 days each week and doesn't want to have a check sitting in his mailbox.

Solution - he has a PO Box and will make this his address for his tax return.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

Nope

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No, but that's not a ProSeries limitation, that's an IRS limitation.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dkh
Level 15

I'm curious to know why wouldn't the address the check is to be mailed to be the address on the return? 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Could be an address in a rough neighborhood where mail disappears so we want it mailed to a relative on the good side of the tracks.  Could be a kid in college that wants it mailed to mom and dad's address.  Or it could just be someone wanting to play some shenanigans.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Consider Direct Deposit

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

But that doesn't work if you don't have a bank account.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

College kid would use parent's address.... or at least the ones I prepare do.      

I smell shenanigans.... 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I always use the parent's address.  But that's me and you and I'm guessing a lot of regulars here.  Some folks haven't been doing this for as many years as you and I and sometimes some of our visitors here over think things and believe the address has to be an address on a W-2 or some other document.  But I never rule out shenanigans when reading posts here.

Slava Ukraini!
Oblio
Level 3

Thank you to everyone that responded.

The taxpayer's not home 1 or 2 days each week and doesn't want to have a check sitting in his mailbox.

Solution - he has a PO Box and will make this his address for his tax return.