Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refund of client's payment

ClarkTax1
Level 2

I have filed two (2) requests for my client's refund of her tax preparation fees because Pro Series basic calculated the child tax credit incorrectly.  The IRS took away $1,500.00 of her refund because of the error.  I know exactly where the error occured because I calculated the CTC by hand and I can prove that the software's calculation was wrong.  I have not received a respose to either request for refund as of this date and it has been weeks since I submitted the forms.  How do I get their attention to this matter? Go on social media and post my complaint for the world to see that Intuit doesn't care about their customers or the integrity of their software???

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
GodFather
Level 8

Sending emails to Intuit's Leadership Team has received attention for some, including me.  Its unfortunate that we need to resort to that level, but I guess you have to do what you have to do.  I would suggest an email to Intuit's CEO:

Intuit®: Leadership • Sasan Goodarzi - Chief Executive Officer

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

"The IRS took away $1,500.00 of her refund because of the error.":

sounds like the advanced CTC they already received during the year didnt get included in the computation.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
George4Tacks
Level 15

Don't forget about small claims court. The key word is merchantability https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/warranty_of_merchantability#:~:text=A%20warranty%20of%20merchantabil....

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
GodFather
Level 8

I'm with Lisa...before contacting anyone, make sure it's not the Advanced CTC.  

taxes96786
Level 9

My rule: If I or my program caused the error and I missed it before filing the return, I refund the client.

If the error was caused by something the client did not disclose to me...it's on them, no refund. 

Same with amended if I missed something they gave me, do 1040X free. If they didn't provide the document until after the return was filed...they pay for the amended return.

0 Cheers