Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Social on 1065 K-1

mvp2885
Level 5

Hello. Filed a 1065 and gave K-1 to client. He later said he gave me the wrong social. 1065 has already been e-filed. What options do I have? Do I just reprint a k-1 for him with the correct social and he reports that on his personal taxes? What about the wrong one that has already been efiled? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure there's an option to just amend the K-1, but the SSN on it will be the only change from the original. 

Just check the amended box on the front page of the return (that will check the box on the K-1 as amended as well), and check the Amended option in the Part VI EF area of the fed info worksheet and Efile it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Correct the K-1 with the right SSN.   

You can Efile the amended 1065 to reflect the new SSN. 

Issue the amended K-1 to the partner.

mvp2885
Level 5

Just I saw something about efiling amended 1065s, I didn't know we could do that! Since I am so used to amendming 1040s only by paper mail. So I can amend, correct the K-1, and the partner can efile her personal once amended 1065 is accepted? 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The partner shouldn't need to wait, the dollar amounts are all correct.

0 Cheers
mvp2885
Level 5

Lisa, I forgot to ask, do I amend the whole 1065 or just the K-1? Thanks! 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure there's an option to just amend the K-1, but the SSN on it will be the only change from the original. 

Just check the amended box on the front page of the return (that will check the box on the K-1 as amended as well), and check the Amended option in the Part VI EF area of the fed info worksheet and Efile it.

mvp2885
Level 5

You're awesome! Thank you as always 🙂