Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pro series update not working

barone3911
Level 2

Need help please.  Trying to update installed products on my pc but get a message that pro series is up to date and the latest products available at this time are already installed.  The same message has been occurring  for almost a week now while I know their have been updates (bc have a second pc and been updating with no issues). As a result I cannot update the program nor e file returns bc the forms are not up to date.  Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can get the update to work properly again.  Your help is greatly appreciated. 

thank you all,

Phyllis

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

there is an update repair tools in the Programs menu, that might help?

updaterepair.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
barone3911
Level 2

Good morning Lisa and thank you. I tried that several times and it leads me to the same message I receive when I try to update. " pro series is up to date the latest products that are available at this time are already installed ".  Am lost and don't know if I have to reinstall the program, I hope not. If you have any others suggestions it would be most appreciated.

Phyllis

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I remember this happening last year and there was a manual workaround, but I thought the update repair tool was suppose to do it for us automatically....maybe Im misunderstanding what the update repair tool is for.

@IntuitAustin  can you offer any input here?   I know last year we had to delete everything in the Updates folder except for the details.htm file, then log back into the program and run updates.....but isn't that what the repair tool is supposed to do?

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

@barone3911 Have you tried uninstalling ProSeries completely, then reinstalling? That may do the trick. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
Grebezilla
Level 1

Hi Phyllis. Did you get the problem resolved? I've got the same issue and am awaiting a response from tech support.

Rich

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you tried using REFRESH updates?

refresh.png

0 Cheers
ediehoman
Level 2

I've encounter the same problem for a month already.

It's so irritating

0 Cheers
Grebezilla
Level 1

Lisa - I did and it didn't work. Wound up spending some time on the phone with tech support.

ediehoman - I had to reinstall the program. Try the repair update that Lisa suggested. That is supposed to work. If it doesn't, you need to uninstall the program (both parts) and download and reinstall it. Once you do that and reopen the program, it will go through all of the updates. IMPORTANT - before the uninstallation, you need to either backup the date or rename the folder that your data is in. That folder is called 19Data and is in the ProWin19 folder. Tech support had me rename it to "19DataOld". Once the program is reinstalled, copy the files in 19DataOld into the new 19Data folder. Depending on the number of modules and states you have installed, the updates could take you a while.

Rich

0 Cheers
Grebezilla
Level 1

There's another thing to try before uninstall/reinstall. Go to the Start Menu and find the ProSeries2019 programs. In there is a program called "Tools - Repair Updates". Run that and if that doesn't work, do the uninstall/reinstall procedure.

Rich

0 Cheers