Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W-2 from FL for PA resident

jnd2546
Level 4

So PA resident takes a summer job at Disney World. Gets a W-2 reporting federla, SS and Medicare wages and W/H.

No FL taxes of course and no PA and local Phila taxes witheld  ( probably because not req'd to do so).

Try and enter the W-2 info and report wages to PA  with no witholding but Proseries requires a PA EIN for Disney. If blank it wont pass efile review.

Suggestions?  Can I input the federal EIN for Disney in that block?

Thank you!

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Id use the FEIN. but let me ask you, do you have the box at the top of the W2 checked to "automatically calculate'?  If you uncheck that, does it still squawk at you to fill out the state portion?  Cant you leave it all empty?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Id use the FEIN. but let me ask you, do you have the box at the top of the W2 checked to "automatically calculate'?  If you uncheck that, does it still squawk at you to fill out the state portion?  Cant you leave it all empty?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
jnd2546
Level 4

TY!

0 Cheers
jnd2546
Level 4

No. Did not check auto calculate.  Even if you dont it fills in "PA" for the state then that requires the EIN.