Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Returns

Debst99
Level 3

I just notice all my returns did not transfer.  I had picked all returns when I transferred.  The returns I am looking for don't show up on the transfer sheet.  Now I can't get last year's information transferred to 2023 and I will have to enter everything.  Does anybody know what to do?

0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont know what a transfer sheet is, but you've looked in a  regular homebase (not the EFcenter) view and youve organized by filename and some client files just arent there?

If you hit the transfer button again and pick one of the missing files out individually and attempt to transfer, does it transfer?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Debst99
Level 3

It is not the transfer sheet, sorry.  It is under file for transfer.  When I try to transfer, the return is not listed with the other returns that were transferred.  Where did it go?  I efiled it last year.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you hit the transfer button again and pick one of the missing files out individually and attempt to transfer, does it transfer?  Or does it tell you its already transferred?

Id organize a regular Homebase view by filename and see if its in there.

Debst99
Level 3

I mentioned that I already tried transferring the return and it is not listed, so I can't transfer it if it is not there.

What do you mean organizing a regular homebase view by filename?  Every name is already in alphabetical order.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

For the heck of it, I would open up those files in the 2022 software.  Close ProSeries, shutdown my computer, and then try the transfer process again.

Slava Ukraini!
Debst99
Level 3

I already had the 2022 files open.  I just shut down the computer like u said and tried to transfer and the name was still not there.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

When you are on the screen to select files to transfer - what file location is listed under #2 to the left of the screen.   Is it correct?   

IRonMaN
Level 15

I was just working on a client that did their own thing last year, but we prepared the 2021 return.  When I went to transfer the data from 2021 to 2022, I noticed that only a handful of clients showed up on the list of clients to transfer.  If I moved to box 2 in the transfer page and selected browse and then selected "22Data" I did find all of my missing files there.

Slava Ukraini!
Debst99
Level 3

ProWin22\22Data

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Is that where your 22 program is set to save the files ?  

You can access your 22 files when in your 22 program? 

Debst99
Level 3

The transfer files are same but with 22Data.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Did something happen to your 22 data files ?  Are the 22 data files actually still on your computer?  That is the only reason I can think of for them to not show up when going into the 23 program transfer screen.

Debst99
Level 3

Yes.  This is the first return that it is not in transfer.  All my other returns so far have been transferred.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@Debst99 wrote:

I mentioned that I already tried transferring the return and it is not listed, so I can't transfer it if it is not there.

What do you mean organizing a regular homebase view by filename?  Every name is already in alphabetical order.

Ohh, so the file isnt showing up in the list of 2022 returns to transfer into 2023....double check your actual file name, be sure it didnt get renamed something weird so youre just not seeing it in the list.  Ive fumble fingered a client file name in the past and played hell finding them in my transfer list.

dkh
Level 15

So it is only ONE file ? Your OP indicates its MANY files.