Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs for sale

IRonMaN
Level 15

I just went out into my warehouse and noticed that I can't fit another thumb in there.  I just looked this morning and see that I have accomplished my 5 year mission to explore strange new worlds; to seek out new life and new civilizations; to boldly go where no man has gone before!  And trust me over the years I really have discovered some strange new worlds based on some of the questions I have seen here.  By the way, since I was the first explorer to hit 25,000 amputated thumbs, is Intuit going to send me some Intuit engraved cuff links, or do I get the Intuit engraved garden weasel?

Well, I am off to my new 5 year mission - to mildly go somewhere.  I don't know where, but I'll know it when I see it.

Slava Ukraini!
11 Comments 11
PATAX
Level 15

As Spock would say: "live long and prosper"🖖🚀🛸

IRonMaN
Level 15

Live long and prosper?  Isn't that illogical being told to someone in this profession?😉

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

abctax55_0-1699460230879.png

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

That's big thumb.  Since the warehouse is so full, I might have to keep it outside until I can make some room.  I just hope nobody steals it.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

But I only see 24,991 ???

Initially I thought you were talking about shredding.  I've been lax, and called to have the shredders come to the office next week..... but now we are supposed to get our first big snow storm.  So I've decided to jam another year of files into the storage unit and wait until Spring for the ticker tape parade.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

I'll see if I can find a glove for it; I'm sure it's getting cold in your neck of the woods.

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

The odometer on my screen shows 25,000.  Maybe the thumbs roll from east to west and haven't reached CA yet.

We have the shredders come through every quarter.  We have a small dead storage room that looks close to something from a hoarders episode trying to cram files into it.  I go into a seek and destroy mission every quarter just before they get here to find the oldest files.  Every year I keep saying that I need to get down there and organize the room so I can find the shredding candidates easier but so far that has never happened.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Jeff,  'twins from a different mother'.... except that's my annual (rather than quarterly) drill.   

The biggest issue is the late filing folks as I can't just randomly snag all returns for a given year.  Altho as I'm doing virtually NO delinquent returns any more it's a bit easier.

( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

You won your choice of Intuit Key Rings!

BobKamman_0-1699462950653.jpeg

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think you are trying to yank my chain --------------------- if those are Intuit products, where is the logo?

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.”

Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers