Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The glitch is still there

IRonMaN
Level 15

I see there is a wonderful post about the Champions program.  It all sounds close to being the 8th Wonder of the World until you get to the part -

"*Intuit Champions must agree to the Champions Code of Conduct and an NDA agreement to be accepted into the program"

The NDA is still a deal breaker.  It was a deal breaker for several of us last year and it still is for me.  Right now if I say something here criticizing the software that Intuit doesn't like, the worst that happens is I get booted out of here.  Signing a legal document ups the game a bit and now I have to worry if Intuit's fine legal team of Dewey, Cheatum, and Howe is going to show up on my doorstep.  Thanks, but no thanks.  I'm happy just being a normal citizen here.  Keep the capes and badges for those that want to be super heroes.

Slava Ukraini!
31 Comments 31
PATAX
Level 15

Thanks for the information Iron Man... They sent me something on that...

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I signed it, Im a rebel like that 😉 FWIW they dont tell us any good stuff worth leaking to the general public anyhow.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

Me, too.

You must have gotten the same thing I got.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Evidently December is recruiting month.  If they want to throw in a free Porsche, I might consider letting them buy my silence, otherwise they aren't going to be getting any Wile E Coyote signatures.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Iron Man you know what they say when you get something for free, you get crap... Here is a prime example : I went to the store today to get another computer, monitor, printer, Etc. The teller scans all the boxes and I pay... When I get back to office and make a photo copy of the receipt for my business file, I noticed that they apparently did not charge me for the printer... I called the store back and the same teller who rang me up answers the phone... I told her what happened, figuring that we can just charge it over the phone ... She said she did scan it before, and for me to bring it back with the receipt... Now I had to run all the way back up to the store... The manager checks it, and finds out that the teller did scan it , but the charge did not appear because she did not enter a code... I paid for it, and the teller thanks me two or three times for being honest... the manager doesn't thank me, but gives me a $5 coupon card for Ink.... When I get back to the office, I look at it, and low and behold, it is for an automatic instant ink renewal program which I do not want to participate in ... I got something for free all right, what a joke!.... I hope the poor teller didn't get fired...

IRonMaN
Level 15

The manager must be shooting to make manager of the year 😬

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

@IRonMaN "If they want to throw in a free Porsche, I might consider letting them buy my silence,"

Here is the 2022 Consumer Reports Auto Reliability Report rankings of major automotive brands: 1. Lexus 2. Mazda 3. Toyota 4. Infiniti 5. Buick 6. Honda 7. Subaru 8. Acura 9. Nissan 10. Mini 11. Hyundai 12. Chrysler

13. Porsche

abctax55
Level 15

I like being a *chump*.  

And for me, it would have to be a brand new BMW E4 series...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

There you go Bob - lucky 13!  Hey, I wanted one when I first started driving.  They look good so they don't have to be reliable.  But don't worry, I would be flexible and take the Lexus if I had too.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

More like bald-headed Gremlin of the year... Just my opinion...

abctax55
Level 15

@BobKamman  - where do BMW's rank?

( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

@abctax55 BMW is #17

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2021/11/18/consumer-reports-most-reliable-cars-trucks-suvs...

My favorite YouTube influencer is Scotty Kilmer -- who probably knows more about cars than I know about taxes.  He'd probably tell you that the European-made ones are OK, it's those that are assembled elsewhere that are unreliable.  

abctax55
Level 15

@BobKamman  My current one is (gasp) 18 years old & has never needed any major repairs.

My other one (had it eleven years) - same story.

Maybe I've just been lucky ?

I'd love to go to Europe, buy one, tour around then ship it home.  I know folks who've done that with great success.  

( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I don't mind a Non Disclosure Agreement, but the part of the agreement that says if somebody sues Intuit, that Intuit will hold us responsible is the deal-breaker.

sjrcpa
Level 15

I want a Jaguar. Not too reliable either, but sweet.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

I haven't seen this year's fine print yet, but if its' the same as last year I'll pass on this "opportunity" again.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don’t seem to recall ever needing to hire an attorney to review agreements before we were anointed as AllStars.  I don’t know what extra top secret work they are expecting Champions to perform that would require us to take secrets to the grave with us.  Although since one of the helpful hints thing the other day was for 2018, maybe someone has gone further back in time and thinks Intuit is involved in the Manhattan Project.  Since Intuit directs folks here as the first stop for support issues, you would think Intuit would treat us with a little more respect than requiring us to sign away our lives away just to dangle titles and perks in front of us.  The lounge was over rated our first time around as AllStars.  We never received any life saving top secret messages there that I recall.  As far as the “networking” feature offered to champions, I network just fine out here in the open.  Badges?  I wear all of the badges that I have earned so far and walk around town to impress all of my friends and neighbors.  If I got any more, I’m afraid I might topple over when I went for my weekly stroll.  As I’ve said many times before, my time spent here is because I enjoy helping out a few lost souls when they need a little help and I have a little fun doing it.  I don’t need any titles or badges to do that.  I’ve made a lot of friends here over the years (and a few enemies that suffer from a genetic humor deficit) and that is part of what keeps me coming back.  So Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.  (Sorry if I’m a little early for that)

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@sjrcpa @IRonMaN 

We should plan on having a race (I vote for a road course....not a drag race) if/when we get our respective new rides 🏎 🚙 ..... oops, 🚔 🚓 🚨

( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

CAGMC

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

@IRonMaN    You’re the only principled Yote I know… then,

you’re the only Yote I Know…. stick to your guns….

as for me…  I not only signed the Intuit stuff… I also signed the IRS circular 230 thingy…  i can forge my dogs name in 3 different fonts and he doesn’t seem to mind…

… come n get me coppers

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
BobKamman
Level 15

@abctax55   I think that adventure of European car buying went out of style about twenty years ago.  Probably something about customs duties and emission standards.  I found one place that reports, "Buying a car in Europe as an American is possible, but legally owning it is not. Registering a car in your name without an address and/or residency is almost impossible in any European country. There are a few loopholes such as companies that offer buy back schemes or setting up a company in France or Bulgaria."

But I do have a client who owns half a dozen or so BMW's, all made before 1976, or whenever it was that they started installing computers that made it impossible to work on them yourself.  He drives a few and keeps the others for spare parts.  

I'm driving a 15-year-old Korean import named after my birthplace.  Haven't had any major problems with it, and it cost a lot less than yours.  Goes just as fast, as long as we keep under the speed limit and off the autobahns.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

"You’re the only principled Yote I know"

I think that comes from having to sit in the principal's office when I was in the 5th grade.  Or is that a different kind of principled?  For the record we weren't even on school grounds when we beaned that kid with the snowball. 

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

@sjrcpa Jaguars are probably the best cars made by a company from India. I once had a client who sold Mahindra tractors -- said they were better than John Deere, and cost less.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

But you will never find a Mahindra tractor in John Deere green.  That green is worth the extra money.

Slava Ukraini!
IRonMaN
Level 15

Might as well throw a short one in before we run out of room:

Ole bought a ticket for a flight to Chicago. He bought some flight insurance. On his way to the plane, he stepped on a scale which read his fortune. He became panicky when he read his fortune on a little card: "The investment you made today will pay off tomorrow."

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Ill stick with American Muscle. 

pamdory
Level 8

I encounter many Ultimate Driving Machines (BMW), but they are rarely operated by Ultimate Drivers...

pamdory
Level 8

I too received the "hey, watch out for our upcoming invitation" type email and was curious just what it entailed.  The email felt a bit like a cross between being asked to join a service club or attend a multi-level marketing party. I appreciate hearing everyone's take on the proposition.  Y'all are the part of Lacerte I value the most.  Thanks for all of the help.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You should watch out for our upcoming invitation to the Yotes.  We are a service club that doesn't really offer any services but we do meet once a month to discuss the latest ACME products and share our newest roadrunner recipes.

Slava Ukraini!
pamdory
Level 8

A consumer review/recipe exchange club works just fine.  

As long as there's a cool membership badge.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's not quite an Intuit badge, but most members like it.

Yote badge.jpg

Slava Ukraini!