Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizer conversion Drake to Proseries 2021

mhamm30
Level 3

we are converting Drake 2020 data to PS 2021. We have followed all of the steps, but we cannot get 2020 data to the PS organizer. It is only converting 2019 data to 2021 in the organizer. We have spent hours with both software companies - but they cannot solve this problem. Any ideas?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

For most of my clients, things don't change drastically between years.  If you can get the 2019 data to show on the organizer, I would take that and run with it.  Most clients aren't going to catch the difference, but for those that do, explain that you upgraded your software to a new and improved product and the conversion from the old caused you some issues.  Or just include a little note with the organizer explaining that the conversion wasn't perfect, but the organizer should still be helpful for those using it.  It beats spending more hours fighting the software.

Slava Ukraini!
mhamm30
Level 3

That is true. And we may have to live with this reality. But hoping someone else had this issue and found a work-around. Thanks for the input.

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Im thinking if you had converted Drake 2020 to PS 2020 then transfer PS 2020 to PS2021 it would have flowed correctly (but maybe thats not even an option?).

Were all just other users here, we dont see many conversion questions in here aside from converting Turbotax files to ProSeries and to convert TT files to PS, it has to be TT20 to PS20 then PS20 to PS21.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
mhamm30
Level 3

Hi Lisa. That would have been too easy! But it appears not an option. 

sjrcpa
Level 15

Silly question perhaps - How did ProSeries get 2019 data?

Ex-AllStar
mhamm30
Level 3

I used Drake years 2019 & 2020, and now going back to PS. So it is pulling that data from the Drake 2020 organizer (which includes 2019 data). It cannot differentiate the 2020 Drake return data to the 2021 PS organizer data - it seems. So in a time warp. 2019 data on 2021 organizer.

0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

Depending on how many organizers you prepare, I might be inclined to pay Drake the PPR base rate ($345?) for the 2021 software and do all of the organizers there based on the actual 2020 Drake tax return data.  They don't charge you per return for organizers, only when you start the 2021 tax return.