Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State E-file Returns have not been accepted by either state

catherine3
Level 3

I e-filed for a client on March 13, 2024. The federal return was accepted right away. However, the two state returns have not yet been accepted by the stated. The status is still "Sent to State" on both. I check update the e-file status every day. What can I do? Is this normal? The rest of my efiled state returns have accepted within 24 hours.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Eddie903
Level 4

Go to the efile tab on Proseries and locate the file in question.  See if it lets you check the status from there.  Sometimes they get hung up even though they are actually accepted already. it should be a blue link that you can update the file through.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Eddie903
Level 4

Go to the efile tab on Proseries and locate the file in question.  See if it lets you check the status from there.  Sometimes they get hung up even though they are actually accepted already. it should be a blue link that you can update the file through.

catherine3
Level 3

The efile tab is where I check every day. I click on the blue "Update EF Status" button and it is still showing as "sent to state."

Is there any other way I can find out if these have been accepted?

0 Cheers