Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale of My Income tax Business

rcooley25
Level 11

As I think most of you know by now I am planning on making the 2024 income tax season my last one.

After 55 years I think it is time to call it a day.

However I would like to sell this business instead of telling my clients to fine someone else.

However the only one that has shown any interest has been H & R Block and I don.t care how much money they offer me Hell will have to freeze over before I turn this business over to them.

So what I am asking is that if there is someone in the Joliet, Illinois area who might like to take over my income tax business after 2024 I would certainly like to hear from them/

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Accountant-Man
Level 13

R, I tried looking by myself in 2021, met with a bunch, but made no moves.

In 2022 I hired accountingpracticesales.com,  and the sale was consummated 1/1/2023. Check them out.

My office closes May 31, and the buyer's office is 3 miles away.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Joliet Jake.jpg

This is the only guy I know in the Joliet area.  I don't know how much he knows about taxes but he can sing and dance pretty good ---------- a trait that every tax preparer could use every now and then.

Slava Ukraini!

I am not too far from you and am also considering hanging it up after the 2024 season.  But now I may have to reconsider.  Two accounting practices for sale at same time in same general area, and yours comes with a huge inventory of Fireball. I can't compete with that!

rcooley25
Level 11

The only thing I am selling is my list of clients. My supply of fireball is strictly hands off.

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you throw in your supply of Fireball with the sale, Frustrated may have a change of heart and buy you out instead of retiring.

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 13

One Joliet EA practice of $325k revenue just sold for $375k.

https://accountingpracticesales.com/united-states/midwest-us/illinois/13248-Joliet%2C+IL+Tax+%26+Acc...

Another one with $88k revenue sold for $100,800.

Joliet must be a hot market.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

It would be even hotter if the Fireball was included in the deal!