Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RP 2021-48 Required attachment for PPP funds. 1120s Return is rejected for "other" attachment

OHCPA109
Level 2

Per instructions for 1120s and 1065 there must be an attachment with the following PPP information (see pg 34 of 1120s instructions) Protection Program (PPP) reporting. Report tax-exempt income resulting from the forgiveness of a PPP loan on this line. Attach a statement to the S corporation return for each tax year in which the S corporation is applying Rev. Proc. 2021-48, sections 3.01(1), (2), or (3). The statement should also include the following information for each PPP loan.
The S corporation’s name, address, and EIN;
A statement that the S corporation is applying section 3.01(1), (2), or (3) of Rev. Proc. 2021-48, as applicable;
The amount of tax-exempt income from forgiveness of the PPP loan that the S corporation is treating as received or accrued during the tax year; and
Whether forgiveness of the PPP loan has been granted as of the date the return is filed

We attached a PDF file with all requirements as "other" (the only available option) and the return was rejected based on that attachments with the type "other" are not supported. How do I attach a document that is required if it will be rejected?

I also wonder why there is a supported statement for 1040 sch C, E and F but not the 1120s and 1065 in the Proseries software.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
david3
Level 7

The PPP Loan Forgiveness Statement is available in the 1120-S I am preparing today.

0 Cheers