Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns won't transmit

BeckerMgt
Level 3

Trying to file my first return of the season and when I push "convert and transmit" the files convert but do not transmit. I get no other notification other than the returns are not transmitted and there are no errors in the returns other than the local return within the state return is not ready to be filed but we are not using that form anyway. These are very simple federal and PA returns with no attachments. Anyone know why they won't transmit? Thanks!

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

A couple of possible things to try:

(1) Reboot the computer, (don't open the program yet) and go to the "Start Menu" on Windows and do the "Repair Updates" for ProSeries.  Then open the program and try it again.

(2) E-file from Homebase, and when you e-file click the box to disable error checking.  Of course, before you do that you will want to double check that there aren't any legitimate errors or missing entries in the tax return.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Camp1040
Level 10

Try converting and then transmitting, also be sure your program is up to date.

0 Cheers
BeckerMgt
Level 3

My program is up to date and the returns will convert but they do not transmit. 

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

Try selecting Convert returns and then when that is done select transmit returns, instead of the option to convert and transmit!

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

A couple of possible things to try:

(1) Reboot the computer, (don't open the program yet) and go to the "Start Menu" on Windows and do the "Repair Updates" for ProSeries.  Then open the program and try it again.

(2) E-file from Homebase, and when you e-file click the box to disable error checking.  Of course, before you do that you will want to double check that there aren't any legitimate errors or missing entries in the tax return.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Did you run through Review? 

Make sure youve checked your PTIN verification box in the Preparer Info area.

ptinverify.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BeckerMgt
Level 3

Thanks. I rebooted my computer and the returns transmitted. 

0 Cheers