Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monday - not my Fun day

dkh
Level 15

When those aggravating Monday phone calls come in --- I log in to my bank account, look at my account balance, then take the next phone call with a better attitude.

Anybody else do that?

12 Comments 12
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

when the stock market is up I react that way... also, flipped my VM outgoing message saying I cannot take any new clients this but I can file an extension for you. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I tend to soothe my nerves with Dove chocolate.  Doesn't everybody do that?

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Dove chocolate, Hershey chocolate, Ghirardelli chocolate.....any brand will do.

Dark chocolate preferably

IRonMaN
Level 15

I prefer the regular Dove, but that is so smooth, I tend to gobble it down too fast.  I can stretch out the Dove dark longer, so sometimes it is the better choice.

Slava Ukraini!
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

thought of our friend @rcooley25 while at the grocery store.. found it kind of funny to see this there.. I never heard the term fireball until this board fireball-bucket-50-ml-20-pk.jpg

IRonMaN
Level 15

I think our friend Mr Fireball goes through a party bucket every morning for breakfast.  

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

been swamped today also - phone calls, clients stopping in, etc - it makes the day go faster, but it slows down how many returns one can complete.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Mondays are always a zoo during tax season.  Clients had the whole weekend to think up stupid questions to call and ask when Monday rolls around.  

Slava Ukraini!

@dkh 

With all that money, you can buy new pajama pants! 

This thread really got me thinking.  I like my Fireball straight.  No soda, no water, no gimmicks, just straight.  And a shot of Fireball is never enough so I bought bigger shot glasses on Amazon.  But I am intriqued about the possibility of having chocolate with my Fireball.  I think I am going try it with both dark chocolate and milk chocolate and see if I like either.

I will consider this a science experiment.  The ideas you get from this board are amazing!

dkh
Level 15

@Frustrated-in-IL    I'm a BIG fan of chocolate so let me know how your experiment goes.  May need to go purchase some Fireball if it's a success.   

Yesterday was a good money day. I might just buy two new pair of pajama pants. Had a client that stiffed me in 2022 for the 2021 tax return prep fee. Of course, client didn't return in 2023.  Lo and behold, client stopped in with 2022 and 2023 tax papers. Paid for all three years in cash....yeah!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Paid in cash?  So technically that was more like a gift than taxable income?

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

winking.jpg     yeah, sure.....sounds reasonable