Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2004 ProSeries software

Mikehep5
Level 2

Does anyone know where I can download 2004 ProSeries software from? Intuit Support only has access to 2006 and newer. 

I have a 2004 ProWin data file stored on an external hard drive and I need to either see the data that has been entered or print out the 2004 Federal tax return related to the data file. I do not have the 2004 ProPdf file stored unfortunately. 

I am attempting to find out if a 1099R has been issued and reported for that tax year. The IRS support does not provide tax transcripts or tax return copies that are that old.

My wife worked for an employer for 20 years and our understanding was that her pension would begin at her age 65. We recall receiving correspondence from the pension plan administrator (which was Prudential at the time) but Prudential pensions were sold to Empower, who uses Fidelity as their plan administrator. Fidelity is stating that the pension was cashed out in 2004 for $6,500 but they inherited the pension plan and don't have the 1099R or the exact date or check number to support their position. They want us to produce our 2004 tax return to have them investigate further. We don't think we would have accepted a cash out for that low of an amount after working their for 20 years. Her monthly pension was supposed to be $970/month according to planning notes I had taken. Her previous employer refers us to Fidelity also. 

We moved 4 years ago and at that time, I purged all older files and records and can't find anything to support our understanding. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

2006 is the oldest that I have a link to download

I tell my clients, if they have the space, to save ALL the old return copies, you never know when they might come in handy.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Mikehep5
Level 2

Thanks Lisa. I will be telling all my clients the same after experiencing what I am experiencing now. I need to see if someone has a 2004 version available to download.

0 Cheers