Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2004 ProSeries software

Mikehep5
Level 2

I have a 2004 ProSeries data file and need to open it. Is there any way of obtaining the 2004 installation discs? I have a client with a pension dispute that needs to print out a 2004 completed tax return. I have the client data file but no hard copy or computer pdf copy. The IRS states they can not provide a copy of the return or the transcript because it is too long ago. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

0 Cheers
12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

Your only hope is finding another preparer that has an old copy of the program that they would be willing to share.  If you are lucky enough to find someone, go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket because that would be your lucky day.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

and this is why I tell all my clients, keep copies of all the actual tax returns, you never know when you might need them.

There is a link somewhere (I might have it at the office) for old versions, but I think the furthest back that is available is 2006

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dascpa
Level 11

I may have a disk at home, I'll check tonight.  but, your issue is the Windows Operating system.  I kept an old Windows 7 around for just that purpose. I just looked online and in 2004 it used Windows XP.  No clue if any later OS will work.

Mikehep5
Level 2

Thank you, I appreciate it. 

Mikehep5
Level 2

Thanks Lisa. I was able to go back as far as 2006 through the support team at ProSeries but not 2004

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Hi, I have the 2004 Pro Series, and it runs on my computer using Windows 10 Pro. Cannot print as it gets error unable to license product. Intuit no longer supports 2004. Your welcome to have a copy

Mikehep5
Level 2

Thank you Terry. I would love to try it. Even if I can't print, if i can open the data file, I may gain  some important information.

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Mikehep5 There is a way to send a private message to someone (don't remember how) send me a private message, and I'll give you my address to send me a stamped self addressed envelope (for a CD), and I'll mail it to you

IRonMaN
Level 15

Click on the envelope on the upper right portion of the screen.

Slava Ukraini!
Mikehep5
Level 2

Thank you Terry. I received a different response which failed authentication so I don't know if it was you or not. 

Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Mikehep5 I sent you a private message with my name, and address

PATAX
Level 15

This is a prime reason why I like to have the original disc. But now it appears next year intuit will no longer provide the initial disc so they can save Charlie Brown's Christmas tree.