Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massachusetts 1099-G state tax refund

ChiHoang
Level 4

My client does not have to report Mass. state tax refund from last year. But ProSeries generates errors for not providing Federal Tax TIN and address on the form 1099-G which my client did not receive. What should I do ?

Thanks

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If they didnt itemize last year and that refund isnt income this year, just go to the Carryover Worksheet and delete the refund amount.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

Bookmark this site. It has what you are looking for:

https://www.atxcommunity.com/topic/14415-please-provide-your-states-ein-and-address-that-would-be-sh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

Ah, I see you have a slightly different problem.  Perhaps try entering the EIN and see if this can at least get rid of the diagnostic?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If they didnt itemize last year and that refund isnt income this year, just go to the Carryover Worksheet and delete the refund amount.

itonewbie
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- Think you may have misread the question.  This is about the impact of S/D on investment interest carryover. 😅

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont see anything in the question about investments, its asking about the 1099G for state refund indicating and error and wanting the address/EIN info.

"My client does not have to report Mass. state tax refund from last year. But ProSeries generates errors for not providing Federal Tax TIN and address on the form 1099-G which my client did not receive. What should I do ?"

itonewbie
Level 15

Oops, it's me getting threads mixed up.  😅

Still an AllStar
ChiHoang
Level 4

got it. Thanks