Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Like we're supposed to remember that

PATAX
Level 15

Had client stop in for appointment. Before that another client stopped in unexpectedly. So I didn't have a chance to review last year's return. While talking I asked her if she paid 2022 estimates. She said "No I have that large refund applied from last year, remember!" She gave me semi evil eye as she said it. Like this is only client in the world. Before I did remember stuff like this, but these piranha are driving me loco. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ 

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

yes, they seem to think they're our only client!

โ™ชโ™ซโ€ข*ยจ*โ€ข.ยธยธโ™ฅLisaโ™ฅยธยธ.โ€ข*ยจ*โ€ขโ™ซโ™ช

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

yes, they seem to think they're our only client!

โ™ชโ™ซโ€ข*ยจ*โ€ข.ยธยธโ™ฅLisaโ™ฅยธยธ.โ€ข*ยจ*โ€ขโ™ซโ™ช
IRonMaN
Level 15

My wife had an accounting instructor in college that told the students that you should treat each client like they are your only client. My wife believes that she has achieved that goal since all of her clients act like they are her only clients ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

New name for accounting firm - Memory Care Accounting and Taxes (either them or us have issues).

TaxGuyBill
Level 15

You don't remember everything about every client? 

I suppose next you are going to say that you don't have the entire Internal Revenue Code, all the Regulations, and every Tax Court case memorized.  ๐Ÿคฃ

abctax55
Level 15

To paraphrase something I've seen:

"At our firm, we strive to make every client feel like they are our only client.  However, we will disengage if you start acting like this is true.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

But, but.... I bet he has Pub 17 memorized ๐Ÿ˜‰

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@abctax55 wrote:

But, but.... I bet he has Pub 17 memorized ๐Ÿ˜‰

TaxGuyBill_0-1678133528408.png

PATAX
Level 15

Yeah that covid may have messed up my memory so there might be an issue there. But she had an issue, I.E. she looked like the washed up bride of Gollum.๐Ÿ˜‰

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

Hey, at least the client remembered.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.