Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iowa Returns

Royal
Level 3

Why would pro series stop allowing the efiling of all Iowa tax returns on March 25 for 3 days? This is wholly unacceptable.  In  3 days our firm will have a backlog of 60 returns.  There is a full day of work every day until April  15 and  now there is going to be 15 more hours of work to go back and check over and efile them.    What is wrong with these people.    Apparently they do not understand or care about the preparers using the product.

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Because they have a glitch in the Iowa software and don’t want any messed up returns falling through the cracks?

Slava Ukraini!
Royal
Level 3

So what are the other glitches beside  health insurance deduction,  depreciation adjustment when there were husband and wife 4562A and tax paid or refunded sometimes being wrong?

IRonMaN
Level 15

I only did one Iowa return last week and I fell into the federal tax refunded being doubled up issue.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

I wonder if they stopped doing it because Iowa told them to stop. 

And if so, what are TurboTax filers experiencing?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

TT will probably just hold them, no explanation, then reject later.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Royal
Level 3

We have been filing Iowa returns for 55 days.   We are aware of the numerous "glitches" in the program.  We double check and fix the glitches.    Even if they fix them now- I am still going to double check all the things that have been wrong  up to this date.

0 Cheers
ANDIMARIE
Level 1

I can confirm, that Iowa Line 7 Tax was miscalculated on many of my clients returns......

The actually Tax Calculations we expect our software to handle, was not doing it's job. 

Our Firm is going to have to manually check the state number per the 8453, then open the return and see what it now, correctly, says.

The software employees confirmed the software was not working correctly.

Customer Service told me, they didn't care. I won't receive a refund or a credit for next year.  I will be having to spend hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to correct the returns that have been filed incorrectly. Mailing out corrected Iowa Returns. Making calls ahead of their returns.....

I'm so upset. We have already identified 84 clients with an Incorrect Iowa Return.

If you're clients aren't having their returns adjusted and receiving letters by now.....they will be.....or they have and have already decided to leave your firm......

My firm has used ProSeries since 2004. We have NEVER had SO many problems with the software itself. Nor have we felt so unheard by Customer Service. 

This year has made ProSeries a liability.......

Anyone have any ideas how we come together and file a class action lawsuit or something to help recoup the fees and wages and loss of income we are all going to incur for this problem?

0 Cheers
ANDIMARIE
Level 1

TurboTax Returns have been filed correctly this whole time...... Long Story on how I know. But I do.

0 Cheers