Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy New Year everybody --------------- if anybody is out there

IRonMaN
Level 15

Before I forgot I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year.  If you are going out to party on New Years, have fun, but be safe.  If you aren't going out to party, you don't have to worry about being safe, you already are ---------- unless you live next to a highway and one of those unsafe folks drives their car through your living room wall on New Years Eve.  Also, have a good tax season ------------ if there is such a thing.  🤔

No Sven or Ole, or even Lena today.  Just a few quotes from my favorite comedian George Carlin:

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid.

Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit

Some people have no idea what they're doing, and a lot of them are really good at it.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that

In America, anyone can become president. That's the problem.

Although I broke a lot of laws as a teenager, I straightened out immediately upon turning eighteen, when I realized the state had a legal right to execute me

Well, if crime fighters fight crime and firefighters fight fires, what do freedom fighters fight

How is it possible to have a civil war

I have lots of ideas. Trouble is, most of them suck

War is rich old men protecting their property by sending middle class and lower class men off to die

Religion is like a pair of shoes: Find one that fits for you, but don't make me wear your shoes

The Christians gave Him Sunday, the Jews gave Him Saturday, and the Muslims gave Him Friday. God has a three-day weekend

I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a lot more as they get older, and then it dawned on me — they’re cramming for their final exam.

Isn’t making a smoking section in a restaurant like making a peeing section in a swimming pool?

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done

The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do 'practice

Some people see the glass half full. Others see it half empty. I see a glass that's twice as big as it needs to be

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac

If four out of five people suffer from diarrhea … does that mean that one enjoys it

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live

I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.

If the black box flight recorder is never damaged during a plane crash, why isn’t the whole airplane made out of that stuff

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things

Slava Ukraini!
16 Comments 16
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

I am trying something new this year.. have had a lot of prospective clients call me lately.. I really don't need the work but hard to turn them down but what i am doing is having them come in these last few weeks, as they called.   I have them bring in their 2022 return with them so i can load their 2022 info in my 2022 program.. then when they come back for their 2023 return prep i can rollover the basic data to 2023. this will save a lot of time loading basic info in the heat of the tax filing season.  At some point I have to decline new clients.. I have on my S Corp, 1065s, 1120s but still trying to get in as many 20-30 minute 1040s as I can.  Not everybody's way to do things but works for me:)

IRonMaN
Level 15

"At some point I have to decline new clients."

That has always been hard for me to do, but until they extend a day to more than 24 hours, we can't help everyone.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

I am so glad I had nothing better to do today. This is the most fun I have had since the beginning of the pandemic. I am sure glad it is over. Now we can really kiss strangers again!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

just did my 2023 first return.. a 2023 form 1065.. i do the books for the client.. closed out 2023 already... had a clean balance sheet and income statement.. took literally about eight minutes to do the 1065.  Thank you Intuit ProSeries!

sjrcpa
Level 15

Happy New Year Jeff and everyone.

Ex-AllStar
PATAX
Level 15

We all like to help people, but when you have too much work you have to learn how to say no to new clients. Or just don't answer the phone if you have caller ID. Had a doctor last week that called, another individual told me his CPA retired or whatever, but I didn't even answer the phone. Too much work is too much work.

dkh
Level 15

I'm out here....wish I was somewhere sunny and sandy but nope - sitting at my desk.

Happy New Year to you and everyone else that finds themselves in this wonderland.

IRonMaN
Level 15

It's sunny and sandy here in Minnesota.  The streets are sandy from the snow and ice that have come and gone a couple of times (everything has since melted) ----------- or did you mean another kind of sandy?

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Happy New Year to all. Out with the old and in with the same old same old.🎆🎉🎊

BobKamman
Level 15

I guess that's why in Minnesota they say "life's a beach."  Meanwhile, the news from Las Vegas is that Sunday will be the most popular wedding day of the year.  Because it's as easy as 1-2-3-1-2-3 to remember your anniversary.  That reminds me of my clients long ago, who hurried to Las Vegas to get married before the end of the year because they thought married couples paid less tax.  Told them to always check with their tax guy before making such a move.  

abctax55
Level 15

Carlin's humor always make me smile.

Jeff, so you did finally get some winter weather.  We haven't yet altho maybe some snow tonight.  I'm loving it, but the local businesses aren't.

Happy New Year to all - have a fun long week-end.  It's likely the last one for a while for 'us' tax pro's

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

No winter weather yet.  It was 42 today.  Normally it would be closer to a negative 42 this time of year.😳

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I thought I heard you'd had some cold/windy stuff blow thru; musta' been a different "M" state.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think they had a little of that a little south of us

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I think we have our festivities all planned out now. New Years.jpg

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN