Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form 8960 rejection

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

You must be new here.

Get out while you can, before you become an old guy/gal with a handful of years doing this left and having no desire to learn a new software program for a couple tax seasons.

0 Cheers
GeorgeSpooner
Level 2

Intuit Proseries Customer Help as of 2/14/23 (;45 am PST says no solution or fix date in site. Basically we are screwed at thispoint.

0 Cheers
Stogie
Level 1

You bet. I think it is time to leave. I have been using ProSeries for about 12 years

They are an antiquated system.

They raise prices 5% every year, regardless of how well their software performs.

The software gets glitchier and glitchier every year

The support personnel get less informative and helpful, every year.

The worse thing is they don't care

I hate to go through the learning curve of new software but I'm going to check out Drake

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

I'm not sure this isn't an IRS snafu:

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/known-issues-and-solutions

Click on the first one. Then line 74 of the excel:

2/1/2023 Form 8960 Business Rules Business Rules F8960-019-04 and F8960-003 may cause returns to erroneously reject. These business rules need to be modified to reflect the updates to the Instructions for Form 8960 (Tax Year 2022) regarding the Specific Instructions for Line 4a to include Schedule C (Form 1040) amounts reported on Schedule 1 (Form 1040), line 3 and Form 1041, line 3. Business Rules F8960-019-04 and F8960-003 will be updated in early PY2023. Business Rules will be updated sometime in late February to mid-March 2023.   OPEN
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

just a bump to keep this alive.

0 Cheers
Stogie
Level 1

describes me exactly 67

0 Cheers
GeorgeSpooner
Level 2

Feb 17 11 AM PST. I just spoke to a customer service supervisor and they looked into the 8960 problem. They have no resolution nor a date on the fix. Intuit has really let everyone down. They gave their best estimate on the fix as maybe late feb or as late as March 15th. He said it was an IRS issue yet when I told him Tax Slayer, Tax Act and most of the other software providers are ok on their filings, he had no answer. I told him it was only Lacerte and Proseries with the problem. Then I told him that some of my clients are now cancelling the tax work as they are making offers on homes and loan officers are requiring their tax returns and other clients are filing Fafsa for college tuitions and what are we supposed to do. He had no answer whatsoever. This is Intuit failing us all and I have been using Proseries for over 20 years. I cancelled my autorenewal as if this is the support Intuit provides and now they are a liability then it is time to look elsewhere. I explained to them they need to communicate to us so we know what to do and he said they failed in that area.

0 Cheers

If this is an IRS issue, ProSeries should tell us that in no uncertain terms.  At least then we can point to...something, anything...when our clients want their returns filed and don't understand the dalay.  

0 Cheers
imcpa
Level 2

Something is fundamentally wrong when the end users are forced to come up with a work around by spending hours of their time figuring it out. I use Lacerte and I don't think the workaround that someone posted here works on Lacerte. Where's the support we need during this critical time of the year?

stephb728
Level 1

I tried to e file my client's returns yesterday and the error message now stated this this issue would be resolved February 19th. Hope this is true.

0 Cheers
CSSax
Level 1

Same here

0 Cheers
beng1
Level 1

Was it resolved?

0 Cheers
Gregkzn
Level 2

It is resolved, Both my federal and state returns were accepted within 1 hour. 

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

it has been fixed for a day or two now

ssjoe818
Level 1

just filed and it was accepted.

SUNNYCA
Level 2

I use Lacerte. E-filed Saturday and received the 8960 rejection. Just e-filed again and it was accepted. 

0 Cheers
Gregkzn
Level 2

I just resubmitted my return after 3 rejections because of form 8960 and it was accepted within 30 minutes. Go for it my friends 

0 Cheers
SUNNYCA
Level 2

Oh, that is great!  Just curious to learn but I thought if we received 2 e-file rejections (for any reason) on anyone client that we couldn't e-file for them, no matter what (automatic rejection from the IRS). Am I wrong with that?

0 Cheers
Gregkzn
Level 2

I had 3 rejections and it went through today with no issues.  I even used H&R Block and it was rejected first of the month. Just make sure TT updates which is usually automatic and try submitting again.  Get it in before everyone else does 😂

0 Cheers
minhta
Level 2

I just submitted all my rejections, all of them accepted; it appears IRS fixed the errors. 

Gregkzn
Level 2

I  filed all my rejections yesterday and both federal and state were excepted. I agree Intuit should have definitely warned us of the issue or posted something after all these users got rejected.

0 Cheers
IntuitGabi

Users experiencing reject errors F8960-019-04 and F8960-003 can begin to e-file. 
The IRS business rules have been modified to reflect the updates to the Instructions for Form 8960 (Tax Year 2022) and in-product diagnostics have been removed. 

Thanks for your patience, happy filing! 

0 Cheers