Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filing Amended CO Individual, S Corp and Partnership Returns

david3
Level 7

I keep seeing in PS articles and posts that a CO amended 104X can be e-filed through PS software. CO appears in the state e-file drop down box on the Information Worksheet.

However, every time I have tried to e-file a CO 104X, I get a message that says it isn't eligible for e-filing and to paper file.

For 1120S and 1065, CO is grayed out under the e-file amended column. So, it appears that CO S Corp and Partnership tax returns can't be e-filed. 

How do I e-file an amended CO 104X without getting the can't e-file message?

Thank you.

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Are you asking if you can e-file a 1040X (individual) or a business return. You state CO business returns cannot be e-filed, then you ask if 104X can be (don't know what a 104X is

0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

I was asking if a CO 104X can be e-filed, not a 1040X (Individual). I already know a federal amended personal return can be e-filed.

CO 104X is and amended individual tax return.

Thank you.

0 Cheers
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

did you check check the Box to file State Amended Returns and select Colorado on the Federal Information Worksheet in Part VII?

0 Cheers
david3
Level 7

Yes, but had to uncheck it since I received a message saying that CO amended couldn't be e-filed and to paper file it.

0 Cheers
Avs19
Level 5

Make sure you have Part VI, File state or city returns electronically checked and Part VII, State amended returns checked with Colorado in the box. Did you e-file the original return? Have you checked for any errors on the State side?

0 Cheers