Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Proseries offer a tax planning document for clients based on last year?

martett
Level 2

Just want to know if there's a tax planning document that is generated based on client's last year's return.  If so, please provide info as to how to generate it. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Open up the organizer and transfer the clients for which you would like to send an organizer.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

What kind of document are you looking for?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Suzzels
Level 2

We use the tax planner found under tools.  Depending on what you mean by "last year" you would either use this year's planner or the one found in 2018.

0 Cheers
martett
Level 2

I had a new client last year that is asking me if I could send them a tax planner.  I did a little digging and I think it is probably what intuit calls a tax organizer.  I guess it's some kind of checklist for them based on what documents they had last year as they're gathering their papers now.  We don't use it but I was just wondering if I could pull one up for the clients that ask for it.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to generate and print this organizer.  I think the short one would work.

Do I go into last year's program to get it or this year's?

Also, please guide me with the steps after that.

Thanks

0 Cheers
martett
Level 2

I think I'm looking for the organizer.

A checklist for the client to follow as a guide for gathering documents based on what they had last year.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Open up the organizer and transfer the clients for which you would like to send an organizer.

Slava Ukraini!
martett
Level 2

Got it! Thank you!

IRonMaN
Level 15

You betcha!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers