Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did everyone get their $500 refund yet from Intuit?

IRonMaN
Level 15

At first I didn't think the e-mail was correct when I saw it the other day.  Intuit had sent an e-mail out a couple of weeks ago saying that for anybody that had any delays due to software issues, fill out a form and return it to them for a $500 credit on their account.  I was checking my credit card account today and see that the refund showed up this morning.  Who would ever think that Intuit would be thoughtful enough to return any of our hard earned dollars.  And to think something like this would happen on April Fools' Day 😜

Slava Ukraini!
5 Comments 5
PATAX
Level 15

Yes I got that email but the fine print said that in order to get the $500 credit you had to agree to continue to use intuit until the year 2525.😉

sjrcpa
Level 15

If not an April Fools' joke, that is amazing.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Now, if I posted that on March 1st there would be a chance of amazing.  On April 1st the chance of amazing is pretty much zero.  

But then again, if you commit until 2525 there is just a wee bit of a chance.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@PATAX wrote:

Yes I got that email but the fine print said that in order to get the $500 credit you had to agree to continue to use intuit until the year 2525.😉

Don't worry about that.  There is a "buyout" clause that lets you off the hook if you pay $600 for each year cancelled before 2525.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Come on Bill, don't go misleading folks like that.  You know the buyout is actually $599.95, not $600 😁

Slava Ukraini!